Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
Korhani is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Korhani. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is Korhani?
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically. It may be recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records.
Responsibility of Korhani
Korhani is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, billing, storage, delivery or other purposes.
Purpose of collection
Korhani identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
Korhani obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed. Your implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information will be presumed if a customer relationship already exists, if your express consent has previously been given or where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
If you wish to change your consent preferences at any time, please contact Korhani's Customer Service Department who can help direct the call to the appropriate department within Korhani. To change your preferences, refer to the How to Contact us section below.
Limitation of collection
Korhani collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Korhani will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing your applications
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that Korhani believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements
Limitation of use, disclosure and retention
Korhani uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Korhani does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Korhani to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
Korhani retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
Updating the information
Korhani keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the How to Contact us section below.
Security: our priority
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- Organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- Contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information
Access to your personal information
You can request access to your personal information stored by Korhani. To contact us, refer to the How to Contact us section below. Upon receiving such a request, Korhani will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information
Korhani responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
Modification to the present Privacy and Security policy
Any modification to the present policy will immediately be posted on this website so that you can consult it at any time. Be sure to read this policy frequently to be sure that you are reading the latest version.
How to contact us
- Call our Customer Service Department at 1-866-567-4264
- Email our Customer Service Department at email@example.com
- Send a letter to Korhani's Customer Service Department at 125 Gagne Boulevard, Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada, J3P 4W6.
If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact Korhani's Customer Service Department Manager by mail at Customer Service Department Manager, 125 Gagne Boulevard, Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada, J3P 7Z3.